Saturday, June 9, 2012

A typical day.

This post is not quite as exciting as the clutches or table, but I must stay true to myself. This is really a typical day for me. I had to feed the farm crew for lunch and thought I would share what I made for them. It was  challenging to remember to stop a take pictures but I tried, messy hands and all.  Everthing has to be edible with one hand. It is very rare during this season for the crew to stop and eat. They need something they can hold with one hand cause the other will be on a steering wheel. So of course, we will start with a sandwich of some sorts. Digging through the fridge I found some smoked sausages. I sauteed some onions in canola oil with cajun season and put the sausages in the same mixture preparing them for the grill.
I almost always butter whatever bread I use and toast it in a skillet, because by the time you add a hot meat and wrap in foil, the steam softens the bread.



I also decided to do an internet search on spicy mustard just for a little added kick. I wish I could include the recipe for you all but typically what I do is read several recipies and mix them all together in my head and then in the bowl.
This is a mixture of prepared mustard, honey, horseradish sauce, apple cider vinegar, cajun seasoning, & a little sugar. I'm southern. We put a little sugar in everything unless of course we put a lot of sugar in it.
Ta Da. Here is their one handed main course.
Whats else? What else? Well we don't want to go to the grocery store and we do not have tater chips (the perfect side dish.)  So,In true country fashion we will just substitute with......  


Fried Okra!


Have y'all ever tried fire crackers? I definately have a recipie for them because I make them often and my girls help.
Baby girl gets to open the crackers and put them in the container. She is 2 and her mother is impatient. So you can't really expect a whole lot. Daughter 7yrs going on 20 gets more invovled.
She mixes 1 cup canola oil
1 pkg dry ranch seasoning
2 Tablespoons of crushed red pepper and pours it over 4 sleeves of ritz crackers.
Let these sit for 24 hours making sure you toss and turn 4 or 5 times and they are perfect for a case of the munchies.

We let Duncan Hines take care of our desert. The only twist I use on the brownies would be how I bake them. My mother gave me a "muffin top" pan several years ago. I have no clue how many batches of brownies I have baked in this pan simply because it makes a one hand brownie ready for the field. All in one huge noncrumbling circle.
I made that extra large just to tempt you. So this is not the most exciting post, but it was most of my day. Maybe you can at least get some inspiration for supper.

                                                Throw it in a basket and off we go!
                                
                                                         
After everyone emptied my basket and I helped my nephew move tractors for one field to another. We stopped and filled the basket again. These hydrangeas look awesome in some vases around the house.



Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment