Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Check it off my list.

I went for a walk this morning. I did so good about walking everyday and eating healthy last summer but this year I have been a bum.  I was talking to my mentor/sister (ha. She'll love that) during my walk and she was trying to perk me up. My attitude turned into " suck it up and take care of business." So after 1/3 of my normal walk, I turned around and came back home. I had a plan to attack my entertainment stand cabinet thing. It was the same color as my dining room table from a previous post and I have been wanting to change it for a while.
 
Here it is. Or maybe I should say, there it was. Nothing wrong with it, just not quite us. The colors that I used for this project were all left over from the addition of the second floor to our house.  The first step I took was to paint on and rub off a neutral beige paint. I took a photo in the middle of the process hoping to show what a difference it made.








Step 2: Same process, new color. Gray. More painting less wiping off.




Step 1
Step 2






















The last paint color I added was a slightly off white shade and it was dry brushed on.  This really seemed to settle into the grooves and give the piece an aged look. That is just like us. Old and worn out looking!

Before
After
                                   

1 comment:

  1. Sure does look good, Pictures don't do it justice! Even better in person!

    ReplyDelete