Monday, August 20, 2012

More tomatoes. really?

I still have tomatoes coming out of the garden. Plowboy got a little excited and added some more plants this year. But I guess that helped out this weekend because we had a family reunion and a little get together with some church buddies and I made SALSA for both events. I also did a little pinterest hack with Steppy D ( my step daughter or #1) and #2 while #4 was sleeping and #3 was farming with his dad. Caramel Apple Cheesecake bars from .the-girl-who-ate-everything. Hop on over and try those out. They are one more delicious treat.
 Back to the salsa. I am gonna give you the recipe that once again is simply a guideline, cause we all know unless I am baking, I do not follow recipes that closely.

Fresh Salsa:
 3 large chopped tomatoes
 1/2 cup diced onion
 1/2 can green chilies ( of course  some of you may like a little more heat. throw them all in)
 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
 1 tsp salt
 2 tsp lime
Here we go!





 Alrighty, so I didn't use lime juice. Lemon juice worked fine.


 I decided to throw in a little garlic, we liked it.
 In 2009 I grew some serrano chiles. They are so strong  I still have some and that it what I have been using in my salsa.



Yum Yum, Y'all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment