Monday, July 30, 2012

As promised

So, in my last post I made a promise that I would post about what I did during the silage cutting, and so I shall. Even if it is weeks late. I love having some documentation about what we have been doing, but we are so busy doing what we're doing that I won't take the time to blog about it. I am actually on a business trip with the plowboy and have a few minutes before meeting with the wives to eat breakfast.

  Ok blah, blah, blah. What has been keeping me so busy? I have been, chopping, boiling, canning, & freezing. The first fruits of the summer were PEACHES. We have tons. As you remember from before, the peach tree actually had broke branches from all the weight. We say we are gonna attempt to do a better job of prunning next spring. I have already tried to trim back a little but all I had was an old saw blade and it wasn't working real smooth.  Enough words. Show me some pictures!




While looking for recipies online, I found some information about peeling peaches. Just like tomatoes, if you will drop the peaches in boiling water for a few minutes (depending on how ripe) and then immediately place them in cold water, you can peel the skin right off. This sped up the entire process.

So with alot of help from my m-i-l, daughters and niece, we ran right thru them rather quickly.

Now, I'm not quite sure how it works just yet, but my m-i-l would not let me throw out the peels. She says that they make the best peach pies. I know what you are thinking. GAROSS, but trust me y'all, if anybody can make a peach peel taste good it is her and I will try anything she cooks. I may ask what it is first, but I will try it. She is the bomb! She can and will cook anything.

After we boiled, cooled, peeled and chopped the peaches, we put them in quart bags. A seasoned blogger would have counted and photographed all the peaches, but I am not seasoned. I know, I know it's hard to tell with all my flawless post, but tis true. I am new at this and learning every post.

Just a few pics of what I have been doing with all these peaches.


Yum Yum. ALways looking for some recipies using peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment